Duplays was founded in 2007, to bring strangers together through the spirit of competition, by organizing sports leagues and teams for a myriad of recreational activities aiming to increase public health and shatter segregation through sport. Today, we embark on not just organizing high-quality sport experiences but building best-in-class multisport facilities across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
We’re joining Sports for All (SFA) on an exciting and groundbreaking mission, to increase the public's participation in recreational activities. Our facilities, at 7,000 sq. meters plus, will be home to various sports, offering a temperature controlled, open space for individual customers, academies and federations to play the games they love.
As a result, we're hiring a Government Relations Officer to organize and oversee all GR activities and ensure effective communication with both stakeholders and Government organizations.
Based in either Jeddah or Dammam with the ability to travel to either city, we're looking for a strong communicator and multi-tasker, able to work independently whilst performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties.
You'll be an individual contributor reporting into the Head of Operations in KSA and working closely with the HR team based in Dubai.
- Assist with all government activities during company launch stage, ensuring documentation, license applications and official approvals and permits are followed up properly to avoid unnecessary violations
- Ensure that all visa/Iqama applications such as; Visit, Employment, Residence, Termination, work permits etc. are presented and completed on time in order to comply with Government laws and regulations
- Coordinate with government authorities to Adhere to existing and new rules, reporting any changes/updates to Management
- Develop relationships with Government Departments in order to ensure issues are resolved diligently
- Process attested documentation such as trade licenses, rent contracts etc. in government offices
- Responsible for the submission, follow up, issuing and updating as well as cancelation of Iqamas for expatriate employees
- Coordinate, control and maintain updated records of employees passport, labour contract, Iqama etc.
- Represent the Company at locations such as the Police Station, Airport, Hotels, Embassies, Ministries/Municipalities and other significant Departments
- Travel to embassies and consulates as needed in order to procure visas for the senior leadership team if those visas are required for business travel
- Work closely with the HR to complete visa/Iqama/National ID applications and gather all necessary information
- Assists employees with advice on attestation of paperwork such as education and marriage certificates
- Be the first point of call for all employee issues, working with the HR department to resolve internal complaints and concerns
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and Government officials
- Detailed Knowledge of the essential ministries procedures
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel regularly
- Relevant recognized formal qualifications (university level) desirable
- Start-up experience advantageous
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced work environment
- Extremely strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken)
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential;
- Knowledge of Saudi Labor Laws essential
- Must be Saudi National
- Applicants who are already located in either Jeddah or Dammam are preferred
- Available to join in April 2022
- Flexible to work before and after normal working hours
- Local Drivers license
This Job Description identifies the main requirements of the role. It is not an exhaustive list of duties, but is intended to reflect the nature, range and context of the work which will change over time